The Upcoming Charge message is a great way to notify the customer of their upcoming subscription renewal. By alerting the customer before they are charged and by giving them the opportunity to skip, they are less likely to cancel, extending their LTV in the process.
How to Activate
- Make sure the Upcoming charge message is toggled on.
- Head to Settings > Subscription Management
- Toggle 'On' the option to 'Enable reply 'SKIP' to skip next subscription charge'. Click 'Save Changes'
- When a customer replies 'SKIP' to a message, the subscription integration will now automatically skip that billing cycle (as setup in your subscription platform) and schedule the next charge for the subsequent cycle. For example, if the billing cycle is set to a month, the customer's charge will be skipped for that month and reset to charge for a month's time instead.
- When a successful skip has been made, the customer will receive the auto-response "Charge successfully skipped".
- If you would like to disable the auto-skip functionality simply toggle off. If a customer then replies with 'SKIP', you will need to manually alter the subscription renewal in your subscription platform directly.
- If a customer replies with a variation on SKIP such as 'Skip please' or 'SKIP!' the message will not auto-skip and this will need to be edited manually.
- The word 'SKIP' is not case sensitive and a period or full stop will also lead to a successful skip e.g the response of 'Skip.' would trigger an auto-skip.
- If you'd prefer to give the customer the option to delay their order only, make sure any reference to SKIP is removed from the messaging.