Abandoned Carts is a hugely powerful tool to reduce churn rates and recover sales that have otherwise been lost. This tool will actively target customers who have filled in their payment information and reached the shipping page without purchasing. Sending a personalised message while the order is fresh could prompt a customer to recover the order.
How to setup
- Head to Automations and select 'Create New'
- Name the 'Automation Title' as Abandoned Carts or something similar and select the Triggering Event as 'Checkout Abandoned'.
- Set the 'SMS Subscription Settings' to be 'Marketing - Requires explicit consent'.
- Set the Exit Event to be toggled on to 'Exit on Order'.
- Set the time when the message is sent under 'Send first message after...' to the timeframe of your choosing (recommended 1 hour). The message content can then be added below.
- If adding multiple messages in the flow, select 'Add Message' and under 'Then wait...' select the time period before the next message is sent.
- For more info on how best to setup Abandoned Carts, check out our Tips and Tricks!