The Order Confirmation (1st Order Only) message is sent to those customers making a first time purchase and is important for many reasons. This is message is for one time orders only (non subscription) and can be setup following the steps below.
How to setup
- Head to Automations and select 'Create New'
- Name the 'Automation Title' as Order Confirmation (1st Order Only) or something similar and select the Triggering Event as 'Order Placed'.
- Set the 'SMS Subscription Settings' to be 'Transactional - Only for order confirmation purposes'.
- Leave the Once Per Contact/Triggering Event Filter/Exit Event toggled off (unless there are specific reasons for switching each individual option on).
- Toggle on the Contact Filter and set 'Has' > 'Number of Orders' > Equal to > 1. By setting this, it will send only to those customers making a first time purchase (returning customers will receive the Order Confirmation message). This will enable flexibility on the wording of these messages as you may have different copy for first time customers as opposed to those who have purchased multiple times.
- Set the time when the message is sent under 'Send first message after...' to 0 minutes so the confirmation message is sent instantly when an order is placed. The message content can then be added below. Here are some tips on message copy.