Integrate your Gorgias software to natively reply to Blueprint messages. After setting up the integration, any message replies in Blueprint will automatically create a support ticket in Gorgias. Previous message history and customer details will be displayed and any support agent replies handled in Gorgias for that ticket will be sent using Blueprint as the SMS sending platform.
Finding your Gorgias API keys
- Log in to your Gorgias account.
- In the left bottom corner click the bar with your name, then select your profile:
- At the top of the sidebar find Rest API and click it:
- Copy the basic API URL, Username (your email address) and the Password (API Key) and paste these into the relevant sections in Blueprint (see below).
How to Setup in Blueprint
- Head to the Integrations Hub and select the Gorgias option.
- Add in the three details copied from Gorgias (see above).
- Select the Support Session duration (in hours) - See below in the 'Notes' for more info.
- Try the 'Test Connection' button to make sure the integration has been made (a green tick will appear if successful).
- Select 'update' to save the integration.
How does this work?
When an inbound message is received into Blueprint, a ticket will automatically be created in Gorgias. This may be a reply to an automated message sent by Blueprint or a contact simply messaging your brand number. If a message is not support related however (e.g. a 'skip' response message to an upcoming charge message), no Gorgias ticket would be created.
- The ticket subject line (shown in bold) will be the first few lines of message content. The tag will be 'Blueprint', the customer name will automatically be displayed (based on Shopify data) and the time of the last message will display.
- A reply can then be written and sent and the message thread will then display. All customer details will be drawn through and display on the right hand side.
- After the message is sent, the reply from Gorgias will then also display in Blueprint.
- Customer replies will stay in the same message thread (so that previous communication can easily be seen) dependant on what time frame is set in the Support Session Duration (see above). If a further response from the same customer is made within X hours of the previous response (72 hours as standard), the ticket will remain in the same thread. If a response is made beyond the detailed timeframe, a new ticket will be created in Gorgias and any previous messages in the thread will not be shown.
- When an alert is sent to Gorgias it will also show up to two previous messages that Blueprint has sent so as to give you the context of that customers reply.
- Any attempted text formatting (such as bold, italics and underlining) would not be replicated in the outbound message from Blueprint as these formats are unavailable in SMS.
- Images can be attached to messages and will be sent in the form of MMS messages (only available to US merchants).
- If an inbound message does not create an alert in Blueprint (such as some smartlinks), this will also not create a ticket in Gorgias. This is useful as it will limit the amount of alerts to only those that need an immediate reply.
- Messages replies can be sent through either platform and will be visible in both. Any messages sent through Gorgias will display as having been sent by the 'bot'.
- Closing a ticket in Gorgias will not trigger any further messages to a customer.