When a customer replies with the word 'STOP' they will automatically be unsubscribed from all future communication. You may however, want to view all those numbers in a list, or keep a record of how many unsubscribers there have been over a certain time period.
How to find these numbers
- Head to Group Messaging and select 'Create New Group' and select 'Segment'.
- Select the option 'Select Incoming SMS Message'
- Add the word 'STOP' as the keyword in the incoming text and toggle to 'Text is exactly'.
- If wanting to know the total unsubscribes, leave the default setting 'In all time' however if wanting to know the unsubscribes from a certain time frame (such the previous month for example), select 'In the last 30 days'.
- Select 'Calculate Size' to see the total amount of subscribers who have sent this word (or opted out).
- If you create the Segment and name it 'Unsubscribers', this will continually update as more customers unsubscribe.
- You will not be able to message these customers as they have opted out of any further communication. Any message you do try to send, will fail.
- This list will only contain those customers who have opted out by replying 'STOP'. It will not contain those customers who have been manually unsubscribed.
- Adding the text STOP is non case sensitive.
- You can toggle the option from 'Text is exactly' to 'Contains text' however this will contain any replies that contain the word 'stop' and so will potentially be less accurate.