This integration helps create a single view of SMS and email activity to ensure your customers receive messages through the desired channels and avoid any potential 'double ups' (receiving both automated Klaviyo email campaigns/flows and equivalent Blueprint SMS messages). With this added visibility, customers can be removed from certain Klaviyo campaigns accordingly allowing better management of a number of use cases such as:
- Setting Klaviyo 'automation/flow' campaigns that send emails to contacts who have not already received the equivalent Blueprint SMS messages.
- Co-ordinating Blueprint with email strategy to create effective parallel email and SMS campaigns.
- Understanding which customers are engaged on which platform and then sending the relevant messaging.
How to Setup
- Head to the Integrations Hub and select the Klaviyo option.
- Add the public and private API keys copied from your Klaviyo (see here how to find in Klaviyo).
- You have the option to select both 'Send SMS events to Klaviyo' and 'Send subscription status property to Klaviyo'. Select update.
How it Works
Once connected, you will be able to use the filters in Klaviyo to segment by the Blueprint event data.
- Log in to your Klaviyo and head to 'Lists & Segments' from the side menu. Choose a list to edit or select 'Create List/Segment'.
- In the 'Definition' section you can select from a list of different properties. Select either 'Blueprint Received' or 'BlueprintOptinStatus'.
- Add the desired filters (e.g Blueprint SMS Received > at least once > over all time) and select 'Update Segment'.
- You can then select 'Manage Segment' for further options.
If sending a campaign in Klaviyo and would like to remove all those who have received a recent Blueprint message, create a new segment