When sending a group message, replying to a 1:1 chat or sending automations, you can include an image to be sent as an MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service). MMS messages will show images/GIF's without a link and automatically preview on customer devices.
How to Send an MMS
- Head to the Messages or Group Messaging sections and add any accompanying text you'd like to send with you message (as if you were sending a standard SMS). Select the paperclip icon
- Either select the 'Upload' button to browse your device or drag and drop the selected file into the window.
- Once the image has been added, you can choose whether to insert as a link or attach as a as MMS - choose MMS and select 'Add to message'
- You will see a preview of the message along with an option to remove the image. When ready, click send!
- After sending, you will see the image with the text below.
- When customers receive an MMS it will look like this:
- MMS is only available to merchants with a US number.
- MMS can be both sent and received.
- MMS messages have a maximum character limit of 1600 and are charged at 5 message segments.
- The file types available to send are: JPEG, PNG and GIF.
- Uploading an Image - Best Practices