Smart sending allows you to control how many marketing messages a customer can receive within a given time period. This is useful so that a customer does not receive multiple marketing messages within a short period of time.
How to setup
- Head to your Settings in the dashboard and toggle the Smart Sending option 'on' (this will be set to 'off' as a default).
- Set the amount of messages you are happy for a customer to receive in the box marked 'Maximum number of marketing messages'.
- Set the timeframe by selecting an option from the dropdown list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click 'Save'
- Transactional and 1:1 messages are unaffected. E.g if in conversation with a customer, any messages sent to them will not be skipped.
- If a message is skipped when sending, it will appear in the message history as 'skipped'.
- Once a message is skipped, it will not be sent when the restricted timeframe for sending has passed (differing from Quiet Hours where messages are queued and sent once out of the blocked hours.)