Much like adding your number as part of your Contact page, social media profiles should be treated in the same way. Your audience is viewing your profile everyday, and is a great opportunity to offer an easy way to chat 1:1 with your brand and build your SMS subscribers at the same time.
You can add your number directly into your bio on Twitter, or embed a button with Instagram.
Add a Text Button on Instagram
To give customers the option to text you through your Instagram:
- Go to your Instagram business account
- Choose edit profile
- Select Business information > Contact options
- Select the current phone number you have added here.
- At the top of the page you can edit the existing phone number - Add your Blueprint number which can be found on the dashboard.
- Under where it asks - “How would you like to be reached?” select the option to ‘Text’.
- Navigate back to the pervious page and select ‘Save’
If it's the first message a customer sends to your brand, the customer would automatically receive an opt-in message as an automated response in concurrence with GDPR/TCPA regulations.