The Failed payment message is sent when a charge is unable to be processed for a subscription. This message is useful to alert the customer to update their card details otherwise their order will not be processed.
How to setup
- Head to Automations and select 'Create New'
- Name the 'Automation Title' as Failed Payment or something similar and select the Triggering Event as 'Subscription - Failed Payment Charge'
- Set the 'SMS Subscription Settings' to be 'Transactional - Only for order confirmation purposes'.
- Leave the Once Per Contact/Triggering Event Filter/Exit Event toggled off (unless there are specific reasons for switching each individual option on).
- Set the time when the message is sent under 'Send first message after...' to 0 minutes so that the message is sent instantly when the payment fails. The message content can then be added below.